- 7:30 a.m. ~ 5k Race and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk. Go to active.com to register or the city's website to print out a registration form
- 3:00 p.m. ~ Fourth of July festivities begin at Lawson Creek Park, including bounce houses, obstacle course for kids, giant slides, misting tent as well as beverage and food vendors for a summer snack
- 7:00 p.m. ~ Reading of the Declaration of Independence, followed by playing of Patriotic music
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Fireworks Show in Lawson Creek Park. Chairs, blankets and coolers are allowed. Alcohol, glass containers, weapons, fireworks and pets are prohibited. It is asked that Bicyclists refrain from riding in the park on the 4th. Parking will be available at Temple Baptist Church (1500 Kingdom Way) and Dayspring Ministries Church (located at the corner of Pollock & First but their PARKING LOT is at First & Broad streets). There will be a shuttle offered by the city that will run every half hour from 3:30 p.m.- 10 p.m. New Bern Police Department will assist in safe crossing and traffic control. Patience is encouraged after the fireworks show when emptying the parking lots. Boat Launch #2 (far end of the park – closest to the twin span bridge) will be CLOSED from 11 p.m. July 3rd – 11 p.m. July 4th. Boat Launch #1 (closest to Country Club Road) will remain open.
- 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ~ Patriotic Kids Craft program, special activites.
- 11:00 a.m. ~ Drum and Fife Corps performance followed by dramatic 18th Century reading of the Declaration of Independence.
- 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ~ free garden admission (interior tours require paid ticket)
- 10:30 a.m. ~ Parade and celebration
- 5:00 p.m. ~ Games including the egg race, hula hoop contest and three-legged race make up an early evening of activities at Havelock City Park - 7:00 P.M. ~ annual pie-eating contest - 9:00 P.M. ~ Fireworks at Walter B. Jones Park
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Atlantic Beach Circle Fireworks Show. The annual Atlantic Beach July 4th Celebration is underway now and will continue through July 9th. It includes amusement rides and a water slide.
- 11:00 a.m. ~ July 4th Parade and Community picnic along the waterfront. Free ice cream and music follows at the Carteret County Courthouse at Turner & Broad streets
- 6:00 p.m. ~ On the east side of the Dry Stack building - games such as dodge ball, hula hoops, sack races as well as vendors selling hot dogs, drinks and other items
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Fireworks Show
- 9:00 a.m. ~ 70th Annual Belhaven Fourth of July Celebration, including pageants, parades, tractor pull, food and more
- 5:00 p.m. ~ W.P.T Hill Field, 2nd Marine Division "rock band" performance. There will also be activities for children
- 6:00 p.m. ~ Chris Cavanaugh will perform Country Music
- 7:30 p.m. ~ Naturalization Ceremony
- 8:00 p.m. ~ 2nd Marine Division band performance, followed by fireworks
**All events are free and open to the public. NO alcohol, pets, sparklers or personal fireworks are permitted. Allow patience for time to clear security check point. The rain date for fireworks is only July 5th.
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Fireworks show from Bogue Inlet Pier. You can also watch the show from the Atlantic Coastal Waterway and from the Bogue Sound
- 2:30 p.m. ~ food and merchandise vendors open at Town Commons
- 3:00 p.m. ~ 1st Firecracker Race - ages 5-10
- 4:00 p.m. ~ Bring Your Own Big Wheel Race - ages 4-8
- 4:30 p.m. ~ Cornhole Tournaments - all ages
- 5:00 p.m. ~ Carolina DJ Company takes the Amphitheatre Stage
- 6:00 p.m. ~ Adult Trike Race - ages 18 and up
- 9:15 p.m. ~ Fireworks Show
- 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. ~ The Main Event Band performs at Jaycee Park on the Waterfront
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Fireworks launched from Sugarloaf Island across from Jaycee Park, enjoy the show from your boat or on land by the waterfront
- 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ~ Flag raising, sand sculpture, arts & crafts, bouncy house, classic cars, lighthouse, bake-off, dunking booth, and square dancing - 3:00 p.m. ~ Independence day Parade on Lighthouse Road
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. ~ Blue Grass with the "Boone Towne" Pickers at the community square
- 3:00 p.m. ~ Freedom Festival and scheduled activities, games, rides and vendor Booths will begin at Onslow Pines Park.
- 5:00 p.m. ~ Live entertainment on two stages featuring Galon Pope & SweetWater and Flatbed Dixie Band.
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Patriotic fireworks display.
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ~ Festival Park open (Daytime admissions apply).
- 8:00 p.m. ~ Evening concert with the 440th Army Band. Free Admission and fireworks are to follow the concert.
- 6:00 p.m. ~ Entertainment by Carl Newton and 5th Avenue in Downtown Swansboro.
- 9:00 p.m. ~ Fireworks
- 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ~ Patriotic-themed boat parade, corn hole tournament and hot dog eating contest
- 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. ~ Joy the Clown will perform
- 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. ~ The band Spare Change will perform
- 9:15 p.m. ~ Fireworks
- 5:00 p.m. ~ Riverfront celebration begins at the Battleship of North Carolina
- 9:05 p.m. ~ Fireworks in downtown Wilmington on the waterfront
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend