PITT COUNTY - A fireplace, used by a family to stay warm Saturday, contributed to a house fire that displaced that family.
It happened on Oakley Road, near Sweet Gum Grove Church Road, north of Greenville.
The home's chimney failed, which led to a fire in the attic, a fire official said.
The damage rendered the home uninhabitable, the fire official said.
Fire crews got the call at approximately 9:30 p.m.
The two adults and one child who lived in the home must now live elsewhere, due to the damage, a fire official said.
No one was hurt.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position