JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Firefighters are scheduled to participate in a live burn training in Onslow County Thursday.
A house, ready to be demolished, on Newberry Street in Jacksonville will be the site of the fire training exercise.
The exercise was set to begin around 8 a.m. and it could last for several hours.
Officials said residents in the area could expect heavy smoke, traffic delays and fire trucks on Newberry Street.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects