JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Firefighters are scheduled to participate in a live burn training in Onslow County Thursday.
A house, ready to be demolished, on Newberry Street in Jacksonville will be the site of the fire training exercise.
The exercise was set to begin around 8 a.m. and it could last for several hours.
Officials said residents in the area could expect heavy smoke, traffic delays and fire trucks on Newberry Street.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health