Salisbury - Two Salisbury firefighters have been fired and two others were demoted and suspended in an investigation of sexual misconduct and harassment.
The city issued a statement saying Engineer Tim Grisham was fired Tuesday and firefighter Chet Hedrick was fired Wednesday. A captain was demoted to engineer and a firefighter was also demoted.
City officials say Grisham was fired for sexual misconduct at work, sharing an inappropriate picture with other staff, sexual harassment and lying to Fire Chief Bob Parnell.
Hedrick was fired for receiving inappropriate photos and sharing them with other staff, failure to report possible sexual harassment and lying about not knowing the identity of the person in the photos.
Neither man would talk about the firings.
City officials say the investigation is continuing.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte