GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - A Charlotte firefighter has been arrested is in Gaston County and charged with assault and animal cruelty.
Twenty-nine-year-old Bryan Carlton Barfield was arrested early Saturday in Gastonia and charged with assault by strangulation and cruelty to animals. Barfield also faces three misdemeanor counts including communicating threats and two counts of assault inflicting serious injury.
Details were not immediately available.
Charlotte Fire Capt. Rob Brisley says Barfield has been placed on paid administrative leave while the matter is investigated. Barfield has been with the department since October 2011.
It was not clear if Barfield has a lawyer.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte