CRAVEN COUNTY - Six fire trucks blasted their sirens through Tiger Woods Place near New Bern Friday. But there wasn't a fire.
It was Sgt. Chris Fisher, a Marine, coming home to surprise his children, Gavin, 4, and Gracelyn, 2. And he got a little help from Township 6 Volunteer Fire Department.
He, along with his wife, Jeri Jo, wanted the department's help because little Gavin and Gracelyn love fire trucks.
"I was really wanting to surprise the kids because I know that they missed him so much," said Jeri Jo. "With him being in crash fire rescue, and him working with fire trucks, the kids love fire trucks. I thought it was the perfect opportunity."
Fisher had been away for about four months. Fortunately for his family, he won't be deployed again any time soon.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend