CRAVEN COUNTY - Six fire trucks blasted their sirens through Tiger Woods Place near New Bern Friday. But there wasn't a fire.
It was Sgt. Chris Fisher, a Marine, coming home to surprise his children, Gavin, 4, and Gracelyn, 2. And he got a little help from Township 6 Volunteer Fire Department.
He, along with his wife, Jeri Jo, wanted the department's help because little Gavin and Gracelyn love fire trucks.
"I was really wanting to surprise the kids because I know that they missed him so much," said Jeri Jo. "With him being in crash fire rescue, and him working with fire trucks, the kids love fire trucks. I thought it was the perfect opportunity."
Fisher had been away for about four months. Fortunately for his family, he won't be deployed again any time soon.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo