PLYMOUTH, WASHINGTON COUNTY - A man was inside his Washington County home when a three-alarm fire broke out, officials said.
According to the fire marshal, the fire happened at a home at 133 Preachers Court in Plymouth. The 911 call came in at about 6 p.m. Sunday.
There was a man inside the home and he managed to escape, the fire marshal said. But the home was deemed a total loss. The Red Cross was helping the victim.
Investigators were still looking into the cause of the blaze.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms