SWANSBORO, ONSLOW COUNTY - A couple escaped a house fire that caused more than $50,000 in damage, investigators said.
The blaze erupted at a home at 224 Pigeon Lane in Swansboro, at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters said the home, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Brice Lester, suffered about $35,000 in structural damage. In addition, the fire caused about $20,000 in damage to items inside.
The couple escaped the home without injuries. The fire was ruled as being accidental, caused by smoking material, investigators said.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew