KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A fire sparked by food left on the stove led to a family being displaced from their Kinston home.
The kitchen fire was on the 1100 block of Ferndale Lane, according to a fire official.
Crews got the call shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday.
There is minimal damage to the home, but crews turned off power to the home after they arrived.
That's standard protocol at the scene of a fire, in order to prevent further damage, crews said.
That led to the residents needing to stay elsewhere.
No one was hurt.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal