Fire displaces family
A fire sparked by food left on the stove led to a family being displaced from their Kinston home.
The kitchen fire was on the 1100 block of Ferndale Lane, according to a fire official.
Crews got the call shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday.
There is minimal damage to the home, but crews turned off power to the home after they arrived.
That's standard protocol at the scene of a fire, in order to prevent further damage, crews said.
That led to the residents needing to stay elsewhere.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.