CRAVEN COUNTY - Three generations of a Craven County family are displaced due to a Sunday night fire.
A neighbor called 911 after discovering the fire at the home on Frontier Lane about 6:15 p.m.
The fire started in an electrical socket in a rear bedroom of the home, an investigator said.
A grandmother, her daughter, and the daughter's children lived in the home.
No one was hurt, but a group of kittens died in the fire.
Several adult cats were able to escape the blaze.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte