GREENE COUNTY - Two Greene County mobile homes are considered a total loss after fires were reported Wednesday night, according to Jeremy Anderson, Chief of Shine Fire Department.
The first blaze was reported around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Highway 13 and Oakdale Rd.
Officials say it was abandoned and they are calling the home a total loss. It is now being investigated by the State Bureau of Investigation, Anderson said.
The second fire happened around 10:30 p.m. The home was located at 2730 Titus Mewborn Rd.
One person lives at the home, but they were not there at the time of the fire, Anderson said.
Officials say it looked like the fire started in the kitchen at the Titus Mewborn Rd. location. The home owner thinks he may have left a pot on the stove, according to Anderson.
That home is also considered a total loss.
Anderson would not say if these cases were considered arson.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals