GREENE COUNTY - Two Greene County mobile homes are considered a total loss after fires were reported Wednesday night, according to Jeremy Anderson, Chief of Shine Fire Department.
The first blaze was reported around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Highway 13 and Oakdale Rd.
Officials say it was abandoned and they are calling the home a total loss. It is now being investigated by the State Bureau of Investigation, Anderson said.
The second fire happened around 10:30 p.m. The home was located at 2730 Titus Mewborn Rd.
One person lives at the home, but they were not there at the time of the fire, Anderson said.
Officials say it looked like the fire started in the kitchen at the Titus Mewborn Rd. location. The home owner thinks he may have left a pot on the stove, according to Anderson.
That home is also considered a total loss.
Anderson would not say if these cases were considered arson.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend