Fire destroys Pitt County boat shop
A fire destroyed a boat shop in Pitt County Thursday.
Ed's Marine Services, at 463 Porter Street in Grimesland, caught fire at about noon. The owner of the business said he was working on a boat when he smelled smoke. He said he then went into the parts room, and saw that the fire started near the computer.
The owner was able to escape safely, but the business is a total loss, fire officials said. The blaze took a long time to extinguish because of all the oil, gasoline and other combustible liquids in the building.
Fire officials said it was probably an electrical fire. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.