ONSLOW COUNTY - Investigators are looking into what caused a fire that destroyed a shed in Onslow County Monday afternoon.
The fire happened on Charles Road off Piney Green Road east of Jacksonville at about 1:30 p.m.
According to homeowner Andrew Priester, the grass around the shed caught fire and spread to the shed. But thanks to the wind blowing in the opposite direction, a nearby trailer wasn't damaged.
No injuries were reported. At last check, the fire marshal was investigating what caused the blaze.
"i don't know if someone was going through the trailer park and dropped a cigarette or something, I don't know," Priester said. "I'm just glad that it didn't happen where it would spread, it spread more or less on the grass."
- Updated Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction