ONSLOW COUNTY - Investigators are looking into what caused a fire that destroyed a shed in Onslow County Monday afternoon.
The fire happened on Charles Road off Piney Green Road east of Jacksonville at about 1:30 p.m.
According to homeowner Andrew Priester, the grass around the shed caught fire and spread to the shed. But thanks to the wind blowing in the opposite direction, a nearby trailer wasn't damaged.
No injuries were reported. At last check, the fire marshal was investigating what caused the blaze.
"i don't know if someone was going through the trailer park and dropped a cigarette or something, I don't know," Priester said. "I'm just glad that it didn't happen where it would spread, it spread more or less on the grass."
- Updated What Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton have promised to do to Obamacare
- Updated ECU, Parmalee to collect money for flood victims in separate events
- New Mormon and gay: Church says that's no contradiction
- Updated NAACP: Noose put around black student's neck
- Kinston teen getting recognition by Nickelodeon