GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Authorities are investigating a fire that burned a Greenville mobile home to the ground Wednesday evening.
Greenville Fire/Rescue were called at 6:09 p.m. Wednesday about the fire, located at a mobile home park on Eastbend Drive off 10th Street, across from a Walmart.
The fire burned one mobile home down to the ground, but that home had been vacant for three weeks, fire officials said.
There was no electricity inside the mobile home, said fire officials. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The entire mobile home park is vacant because the property had been sold.
In addition to Greenville Fire/Rescue, Eastern Pines Fire-Rescue-EMS and Greenville Police responded to the scene.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell