GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Authorities are investigating a fire that burned a Greenville mobile home to the ground Wednesday evening.
Greenville Fire/Rescue were called at 6:09 p.m. Wednesday about the fire, located at a mobile home park on Eastbend Drive off 10th Street, across from a Walmart.
The fire burned one mobile home down to the ground, but that home had been vacant for three weeks, fire officials said.
There was no electricity inside the mobile home, said fire officials. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The entire mobile home park is vacant because the property had been sold.
In addition to Greenville Fire/Rescue, Eastern Pines Fire-Rescue-EMS and Greenville Police responded to the scene.
- Updated Whopper of a deal: Burger King owner buys Popeyes
- Updated Survey: Business executives' optimism surges under Trump
- Updated Michelin Guide mix-up gives diner coveted star
- Updated Denver man practicing parkour ends up in chimney
- Updated Marine Le Pen in Lebanon row after refusing to wear headscarf