PAMLICO COUNTY - The fire that gutted an abandoned Pamlico County house on Sunday has been deemed suspicious, according to the Pamlico County fire marshal.
The building, on Lee Landing Road near Church Road, was about 120-years-old, according to the property owner, Herbert Fritz.
"I can't see any logical excuse why this thing caught on fire," Fritz said.
He demolished the house Monday, believing it posed a safety hazard because it was leaning after the fire.
The fire marshal said there was not an issue with Fritz carrying out the demolition, even as the fire investigation continues.
No one was hurt in the fire.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated