DUPLIN COUNTY - A fire broke out at a rendering plant north of Rose Hill in Duplin County Friday morning, according to Rose Hill Fire Chief Clayton Herring.
Officials said the fire was reported at 3:36 a.m. Friday at Valley Protein rendering plant. An agar (a piece of equipment) stopped working and caught on fire, according to the chief. Officials said when they arrived on scene, a production room was fully engulfed in flames
Rendering plants like Valley Protein, get rid of animal by-products and restaurant grease.
Chief Herring said the cause of the fire was a spontaneous combustion. He said no one was hurt.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says