DUPLIN COUNTY - A fire broke out at a rendering plant north of Rose Hill in Duplin County Friday morning, according to Rose Hill Fire Chief Clayton Herring.
Officials said the fire was reported at 3:36 a.m. Friday at Valley Protein rendering plant. An agar (a piece of equipment) stopped working and caught on fire, according to the chief. Officials said when they arrived on scene, a production room was fully engulfed in flames
Rendering plants like Valley Protein, get rid of animal by-products and restaurant grease.
Chief Herring said the cause of the fire was a spontaneous combustion. He said no one was hurt.
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device