The New Bern Sun Journal reports lights on an artificial Christmas tree sparked a fire at a Craven County home.
The fire, at a home on Quail Ridge Rd. in Havelock, began shortly after 1:00 p.m. Friday.
The Havelock Fire Chief said the lights on the tree had been on for about 24 hours.
The newspaper reports no one was home, and the fire was confined to just one room.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details on the fire.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms