The New Bern Sun Journal reports lights on an artificial Christmas tree sparked a fire at a Craven County home.
The fire, at a home on Quail Ridge Rd. in Havelock, began shortly after 1:00 p.m. Friday.
The Havelock Fire Chief said the lights on the tree had been on for about 24 hours.
The newspaper reports no one was home, and the fire was confined to just one room.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details on the fire.
- Updated Woman has baby instead of kidney stones
- Updated Trump lays out 'urban renewal' proposals
- Updated The world's busiest Rolls-Royce dealer is in Abu Dhabi
- Updated Polls: Clinton leads in New Hampshire, tied with Trump in Nevada
- Updated Syrian airstrikes hit school, killing 20 children, rescuers say