VANCEBORO, CRAVEN COUNTY - A mobile home, with one person inside, erupted in flames Friday afternoon, investigators said.
The home, located on Candy Lane, off of Piney Neck Road west of Vanceboro, caught fire at about 3:30 p.m., emergency officials said. A passer-by noticed smoke coming from the home and knocked on the front door to warn the person inside, who then called 911, investigators said.
The person was able to escape without injuries, fire officials said. The home suffered major damage to its front and interior. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in