GREENE COUNTY - Fire alarms alerted a sleeping family to flames inside their house.
The family woke up and escaped the fire.
The blaze left their home uninhabitable, at least for now.
They lived in Greene County, on the 1300 block of Hwy. 123 in the Hookerton area.
"[The alarms] did their job," said Hookerton Fire Chief Shaun Jackson.
Fire crews got the call just after 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
No one was hurt.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but the blaze was not suspicious, Jackson said.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says