A man is arrested in connection with an assault.
Lovell Hill, 32, is charged with felony assault and other charges.
Tyrrell County deputies say they responded to a call about a fight on Fonsoe St. in Columbia Sunday.
They say they found Steven Childress, 25, lying in the street and bleeding from a head injury.
Hill is being held in the Washington County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville