WILMINGTON - Investigators say a woman has been shot during a confrontation with police in Wilmington.
Authorities said 21-year-old Grace Dink was shot while sitting in her car around 1:15 Tuesday morning, but they won't say who fired the fatal round.
Police say officers were responding to a domestic dispute call when they found Dink in the driver's seat of her car holding a gun.
Investigators say the officers did fire their guns, but they won't say why shots were fired or if they think the officers' bullets struck Dink.
Tuesday's shooting is the fifth time a Wilmington officer has been involving in a shooting in the past four months.
The State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte