BAYVIEW-AURORA, PAMLICO COUNTY - The N.C. Department of Transportation will suspend ferry service on the Bayview-Aurora route across the Pamlico River this weekend for repairs.
According to the NCDOT, the ferry route will be shut down this Saturday and Sunday to allow repairs to the ferry slip on the Bayview side.
The repairs require the Ferry Division's Skyco crane barge to be placed in the ferry slip, which will prevent the ferry from docking at the terminal, according to the NCDOT.
Information about ferry routes and schedules can be found on the Ferry Division website by CLICKING HERE.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew