MANTEO, N.C. - Climbing the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse will cost a little more beginning this weekend.
The National Park Service says the cost of clImbing the Outer Banks landmark is going up to $8 for adults and $4 for senior citizens and children 11 years of age and under effective Saturday.
Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis and can only be purchased in person at the site on the day of the climb. There are no advance ticket sales.
Children who want to make the climb must be at least 42 inches tall, and those under 12 must be escorted by a person at least 16 years old.
The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse fee has not increased in five years.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device