FAYETTEVILLE - Fayetteville police say one of their officers has shot and killed a suspect during a traffic stop.
Police spokesman Gavin MacRoberts says the shooting happened shortly after 6 a.m. Thursday when an office pulled over a sports utility vehicle.
MacRoberts says during the traffic stop, the officer shot and killed the suspect, who was armed.
Twenty-two-year-old Nijza Lamar Hagans of Fayetteville died at the scene.
MacRoberts did not provide details on the traffic stop or the circumstances of the shooting.
The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into the shooting.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery