JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY -

A faulty bathroom vent is to blame for a Jacksonville fire.

The fire was reported around 11:45am Monday at 211 Cedar Creek Drive.

Half Moon Volunteer Fire Department Chief Greg Jeppson says the owners of the house came home to light smoke and fire in the bathroom and called 911.

Jeppson says fire crews were able to knock down the fire with 100 gallons of water in just a couple minutes.

The bathroom vent shorted out, causing the fire, according to Jeppson.

No one was injured but the family is displaced tonight because the power and water has been shut off.