(WLS) -- A father-son team from Chicago has reached the end of a dream journey. Craig and Matt Steichen visited all 32 NFL stadiums in 17 weeks. Making it even better, they took wounded veterans with them.
Craig Steichen never knew it would be such an emotional journey. ABC7 first told you their story in October. Sunday, the men were in Detroit to see the Bears beat the Lions.
With them was Specialist Eric Lund. He was injured in an explosion in Afghanistan this year and lost his arms.
Army Sergeant Kenneth Harker was injured in an explosion in Iraq in 2008. He lost both of his legs.
They say they're thankful for the Steichens' work for wounded soldiers.
Next year, the Steichens plan to expand the program by also taking soldiers to basketball games, hockey games, and the Oscars.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport