FORT BRAGG - A man is dead after his vehicle collided with a mine-resistant military vehicle on a Fort Bragg road.
Post spokesman Ben Abel said Thursday in a release that the man's name was being withheld until his relatives could be notified.
The release says a second passenger in the civilian vehicle was not seriously injured.
Officials say the sedan collided with the military vehicle as it was entering a roadway Wednesday at about 5 p.m.
Army medics provided immediate medical assistance. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene and a second person was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for treatment.
Fort Bragg military police and special agents from the Army Criminal Investigation Command are investigating the incident.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport