FORT BRAGG - A man is dead after his vehicle collided with a mine-resistant military vehicle on a Fort Bragg road.
Post spokesman Ben Abel said Thursday in a release that the man's name was being withheld until his relatives could be notified.
The release says a second passenger in the civilian vehicle was not seriously injured.
Officials say the sedan collided with the military vehicle as it was entering a roadway Wednesday at about 5 p.m.
Army medics provided immediate medical assistance. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene and a second person was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for treatment.
Fort Bragg military police and special agents from the Army Criminal Investigation Command are investigating the incident.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida