FARMVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Farmville Police on Saturday arrested the father of an infant who was recently burned, according to police.
According to investigators, James Lamar Woods, is charged with negligent child abuse inflicting serious physical injury and intentional child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury
Police said they responded to Brooks Drive in Farmville at about 7:35 p.m. on Wednesday. When the arrived, they found a 3-month-old infant with healing burns around the waist. The child was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, police said.
The baby's mother, Whitley Everett, was arrested for assault on a child and accessory after the fact, according to investigators. She was placed in the Pitt County Detention Center on a $5,000 bond.
Woods' bond is set at $102,000.
- New Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers