Eastern Carolina - Festival season is in full swing, and the weather is cooperating. Both the Mum Festival in downtown New Bern and the Mullet Festival in down town Swansboro kicked off this morning. Temperatures will be a little cooler today topping out around 70 degrees. For those heading up to ECU for homecoming, expect afternoon highs a touch cooler.
Coastal areas may see a few more clouds this afternoon. Those heading to the beach should keep an eye out for rip currents. There is a moderate rip current risk for all North Carolina beaches. There is also a Small Craft Advisory through late this afternoon for winds around 25 mph and 4-6 foot seas.
The forecast will stay clear and dry through this evening and Sunday. Temperatures will be warmer than Saturday with a few more clouds throughout the day. Clouds will roll back in just in time for the start of the work week.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return