Eastern Carolina - Festival season is in full swing, and the weather is cooperating. Both the Mum Festival in downtown New Bern and the Mullet Festival in down town Swansboro kicked off this morning. Temperatures will be a little cooler today topping out around 70 degrees. For those heading up to ECU for homecoming, expect afternoon highs a touch cooler.
Coastal areas may see a few more clouds this afternoon. Those heading to the beach should keep an eye out for rip currents. There is a moderate rip current risk for all North Carolina beaches. There is also a Small Craft Advisory through late this afternoon for winds around 25 mph and 4-6 foot seas.
The forecast will stay clear and dry through this evening and Sunday. Temperatures will be warmer than Saturday with a few more clouds throughout the day. Clouds will roll back in just in time for the start of the work week.
- Updated Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Updated Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies
- Potential Solar Farm stirring up controversy in Jones County
- Onslow County teachers participate in MindUP training