JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The mother of a driver who was seriously injured after his cement truck overturned near Camp Lejeune Friday, the 17th, said he has died.
On Saturday, just over a week after the wreck, Thomas Marek's mother told NewsChannel 12 her son died from injuries suffered in the accident.
It happened in the middle of the Wallace Creek Bridge on the inbound side of Holcomb Boulevard, according to base officials.
There was no word on how the cement truck overturned, but Marek was taken Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, officials said.
Marek's mother said they are in the process of making his funeral arrangements.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results