JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The mother of a driver who was seriously injured after his cement truck overturned near Camp Lejeune Friday, the 17th, said he has died.
On Saturday, just over a week after the wreck, Thomas Marek's mother told NewsChannel 12 her son died from injuries suffered in the accident.
It happened in the middle of the Wallace Creek Bridge on the inbound side of Holcomb Boulevard, according to base officials.
There was no word on how the cement truck overturned, but Marek was taken Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, officials said.
Marek's mother said they are in the process of making his funeral arrangements.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend