JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The mother of a driver who was seriously injured after his cement truck overturned near Camp Lejeune Friday, the 17th, said he has died.
On Saturday, just over a week after the wreck, Thomas Marek's mother told NewsChannel 12 her son died from injuries suffered in the accident.
It happened in the middle of the Wallace Creek Bridge on the inbound side of Holcomb Boulevard, according to base officials.
There was no word on how the cement truck overturned, but Marek was taken Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, officials said.
Marek's mother said they are in the process of making his funeral arrangements.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters