HIGH POINT, N.C. - Family members have identified the 3-year-old North Carolina girl who police say was killed by a pit bull.
Loved ones have established an online fundraiser for the funeral of 3-year-old Braelynn Rayne Coulter.
High Point Police said officers were called Monday afternoon about the pit bull attack. A family member rushed Braelynn to High Point Regional Hospital, but the 3-year-old died from her injuries.
The dog was a family pet, police said. It was taken to the Guilford County Animal Shelter.
The investigation is continuing.
Police in High Point say a 3-year-old child has been killed in a home by the family's pet pit bull terrier.
Authorities say High Point police officers were called Monday afternoon about a child bitten by a pit bull terrier. A family member rushed the child to High Point Regional Hospital.
According to police, the child died from the injuries. The dog was transported to the Guilford County Animal Shelter.
Police aren't releasing the victim's name. They say an investigation is continuing.
- LIVE FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Bill Murray is done with boring golf clothes
- Updated World Series ticket prices at a record high
- State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated At Chicago O'Hare, American Airlines 767 catches fire on runway