KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Kinston Police have issued a correction since their original news release: The 3-year-old was not tied up duirng the home invasion.
Kinston Police said they are searching for two men who tied up a 10-year-old and an elderly woman during an armed home invasion after a 3-year-old answered the door.
According to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, there was a knock on the door of a home on the 1400 block of Lockwood before 6:19 p.m. Wednesday. A 3-year-old living at the home then opened the door, only to find two black males who forced themselves inside, said police. One of the men had a handgun.
Quang Nguyen, who lives at the home, told NewsChannel 12 that the intruders tied up his 10-year-old daughter and his aunt, who is in her 70s. Quang himself was not home at the time.
The intruders then rummaged through the residence, but did not appear to have taken anything, said police.
Neighbors saw police outside the home. They say the neighborhood has had problems with crime before.
No one was injured, according to investigators. A motive is unknown.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS LINE at 252-939-4020 or Det. B. Smith at 252-939-3189.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War