LA GRANGE, LENOIR COUNTY - A Lenoir County family in La Grange escaped a fire early Friday morning.
The fire was reported at about 4:45 a.m. on Railroad Street, according to fire officials.
The cause of the fire was under investigation but officials believed a wood heater contributed to the blaze.
There were no injuries reported. The people who lived in the home were reportedly staying with family until repairs were made to their damaged home.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results