LA GRANGE, LENOIR COUNTY - A Lenoir County family in La Grange escaped a fire early Friday morning.
The fire was reported at about 4:45 a.m. on Railroad Street, according to fire officials.
The cause of the fire was under investigation but officials believed a wood heater contributed to the blaze.
There were no injuries reported. The people who lived in the home were reportedly staying with family until repairs were made to their damaged home.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery