SWANSBORO, ONSLOW COUNTY - A family of three comes home Saturday to a house full of smoke.
The fire was discovered at around 9:30 a.m. on the 600 block of broad street in Swansboro. Swansboro fire department was on scene and has extinguished the flames.
Investigators aren't sure how the fire started. The house is a complete loss. No one was hurt as a result of the fire, but a family dog has yet to be located.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross. The fire is still under investigation.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'