NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A street in downtown New Bern has been closed Friday because an awning or overhang fell from a building.
Middle street is shut down between The Chelsea and Cow Cafe because the metal awning/overhang fell from a second story above Bear Town Java, according to the New Bern fire marshal.
The road is closed so a crane can help make repairs. Officials hope the road will be open by 7 p.m. Friday.
Bear Town Java is closed at this time. Both the Chelsea and Cow Cafe are open.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated FSU football player wins hearts sharing lunch
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list