Some Marines who couldn't get home to see their families enjoyed a home-cooked meal Thursday, thanks to the generosity of neighbors in one Craven County community.
Volunteers served Thanksgiving dinner at 30 homes in Fairfield Harbour.
Nearly 100 Camp Lejeune Marines were treated to turkey and all the trimmings.
Aside from the food, they enjoyed the opportunity to share the holiday with others and spread goodwill.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return