NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - New jobs will be created in Craven County if commissioners pass a proposal to sell land to an expanding company.
According to Economic Development Director Timothy S. Downs, commissioners agreed Tuesday night to set a public hearing on Sept. 16. During the meeting, they will discuss selling two pieces of land in the Craven County Industrial Park to American Eagle Manufacturing, a company that makes conveyor belt accessories.
American Eagle Manufacturing wants to buy the 8 acres of land to expand its manufacturing operations, Downs said. The company has agreed to create 10 new jobs as part of a Small Business and Entrepreneurial Assistance grant it will use to build its new facility.
Since moving to New Bern, American Eagle Manufacturing has increased sales of its conveyor belt products by more than 200 percent, company officials said.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday