CHARLOTTE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY - A former preacher from North Carolina has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting young girls during a 2009 mission trip to Haiti.
Larry Michael Bollinger was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to two counts of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place. The victims were 11 and 12.
The 68-year-old Bollinger told U.S. District Court Judge Bob Conrad that he is a sex addict who frequented adult book stores and prostitutes during 33 years as a minister. If he lives long enough to leave prison, Bollinger will serve the remainder of his life as a supervised sex offender.
Bollinger regularly traveled to Haiti as a mission coordinator for the Lazarus Project, a Christian charity that runs an orphanage for disabled children and a school.
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction
- US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'