FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY - Police say the ex-boyfriend of a North Carolina teen missing for a month has been charged in her death.
Authorities say 17-year-old Je'Michael Malloy of Autryville was charged Tuesday with second-degree murder in the death of 15-year-old Danielle Locklear.
Locklear was reported missing March 11. Police say Malloy admitted to choking the Hope Mills teen that night, stuffing a sock in her mouth, tying her body to cinder blocks and throwing it in the river.
An off-duty Cumberland County detective found a body in the South River on April 3. It hasn't been positively identified, but police say Malloy confessed it belonged to the teen.
Another man, 18-year-old Dominic Lock, is charged with conspiracy for helping Malloy. Both were expected in court Wednesday. It wasn't known whether they had attorneys.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications