DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - A jury has found Laurence Lovette not guilty in the murder of Duke University graduate student Abhijit Mahato.
The verdict was passed down Tuesday morning in a Durham County courtroom. The jury of 10 women and two men said there was not enough evidence presented by prosecutors to find Lovette guilty of robbery and first-degree murder.
Lovette is already serving a life sentence for the murder of UNC-Chapel Hill Student Body President Eve Carson. Mahato was killed in January of 2008; Carson was murdered the following March.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy