JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - Canaan Smith, a rising star in the country music world, brings his talents to eastern North Carolina Friday night for a one-night only show at the Tarheel Opry House in Jacksonville.
Smith, a Virginia native who now resides in Nashville, saw his first full-length album, Bronco, rise to No. 4 on the sales charts. His second single, "Love You Like That," from his debut EP made it all the way to No. 6 on the U.S. Country charts and hit No. 1 on the U.S. Country Airplay.
That song is a tribute to Smith's older brother, who died in a car crash when he was 11. His album, Bronco, is named after the type of car his 16-year-old brother was driving when he was killed.
He's toured with the likes of Florida Georgia Line, Darius Rucker and Dierks Bentley. His latest single, "Like You That Way," was released earlier this year.
Local country artist Justin West will provide the opening act.
Doors open at 8 and the show starts at 9. Tickets are $15 and are on sale online and at the door.
- Updated Despite rain, North State Little League team set to play
- Pitt Co. NAACP to hold prayer event Friday evening
- Jacksonville cold case ends with guilty plea 30 years later
- New Former Washington County Schools superintendent arrested
- Local students get back-to-school boost from Greenville PD, Academy Sports