NEW YORK - Tryouts will begin in August for ABC's version of "American Idol," which will air in 2018.
The first set of tryouts will be in Portland, Ore., and Orlando, Fla., on Aug. 17. There will be a tryout in Atlanta on Aug. 22 and Asheville on Aug. 27.
Auditioning has never been easier, with the series also taking to the internet, offering hopefuls the opportunity to submit audition videos online at americanidol.com or by showing off their talent via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Musical.ly using the hashtag #TheNextIdol.
"American Idol" auditions will be held as follows (subject to change):
West Bus Tour East Bus Tour
Portland, OR – Aug 17 Orlando, FL – Aug 17
Oakland, CA – Aug 20 Miami, FL – Aug 19
Provo, UT – Aug 23 Atlanta, GA – Aug 22
Denver, CO – Aug 26 Charleston, SC – Aug 25
Omaha, NE – Aug 29 Asheville, NC – Aug 27
Tulsa, OK – Sept 1 Louisville, KY – Aug 30
Shreveport, LA – Sept 4 Pittsburgh, PA – Sept 3
Muscle Shoals, AL – Sept 7 Annapolis, MD – Sept 5
Boston, MA – Sept 8
Open Audition Cities
Chicago, IL – Sept 11
New Orleans, LA – Sept 14
You must be at least 15 to audition. Visit americanidol.com for more details on specific audition locations, full eligibility requirements, submission forms, terms and conditions.
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank