RICHLANDS, ONSLOW COUNTY - Nearly a dozen EMT students trained Saturday afternoon by taking part in a simulated deadly drug deal.
Students of Lenoir Community College in Jones County participated in the training session at Whaley Graveyard, on Pike Town Road in Richlands. They arrived to a chaotic scene, thinking it was just a motor vehicle accident, organizers said. But it was actually a simulated a drug deal gone bad.
Two wrecked cars were on the shoulder of the road - an SUV with four injured people, including a girl who was screaming, and a car with two injuries and two fatalities. Blood was splashed on the car's back passenger window, while a sniper fired shots from the cemetery.
This is the third training session for LCC students . Jones County Sheriff deputies and members of Hargets Volunteer Fire Department assisted with the simulation.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew