JAMES CITY, CRAVEN COUNTY - Officials said a driver was injured in a rollover wreck in Craven County Friday morning
The crash was reported on the 4400 block of Highway 70 in James City.
Officials said 44-year-old Christa Evans drove to the median and over-corrected to the right. The SUV then went off the road and overturned against a tree, investigators said. Evans was pinned inside the SUV and crews had to cut through the vehicle to get her out
According to a friend of the victim, Evans is from Newport and was driving the friend's Nissan SUV.
Officials said Evans was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center. There was no word on the extent of her injuries.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms