JAMES CITY, CRAVEN COUNTY - Officials said a driver was injured in a rollover wreck in Craven County Friday morning
The crash was reported on the 4400 block of Highway 70 in James City.
Officials said 44-year-old Christa Evans drove to the median and over-corrected to the right. The SUV then went off the road and overturned against a tree, investigators said. Evans was pinned inside the SUV and crews had to cut through the vehicle to get her out
According to a friend of the victim, Evans is from Newport and was driving the friend's Nissan SUV.
Officials said Evans was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center. There was no word on the extent of her injuries.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria