JAMES CITY, CRAVEN COUNTY - Officials said a driver was injured in a rollover wreck in Craven County Friday morning
The crash was reported on the 4400 block of Highway 70 in James City.
Officials said 44-year-old Christa Evans drove to the median and over-corrected to the right. The SUV then went off the road and overturned against a tree, investigators said. Evans was pinned inside the SUV and crews had to cut through the vehicle to get her out
According to a friend of the victim, Evans is from Newport and was driving the friend's Nissan SUV.
Officials said Evans was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center. There was no word on the extent of her injuries.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response