CARTERET COUNTY - Construction of the Emerald Isle Bridge is complete, and it will be open and ready for the holiday weekend. The bridge was reduced to one lane for several months for DOT repairs. Crews replaced the bridge's joints and resurfaced the road.
The work began in December 2012. DOT officials hope the project will extend the life of the bridge for another 30 years.
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in