CARTERET COUNTY - Construction of the Emerald Isle Bridge is complete, and it will be open and ready for the holiday weekend. The bridge was reduced to one lane for several months for DOT repairs. Crews replaced the bridge's joints and resurfaced the road.
The work began in December 2012. DOT officials hope the project will extend the life of the bridge for another 30 years.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death