KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Power was restored after a crash left folks without electricity for part of Friday morning's freezing-cold conditions.
A one-vehicle crash leads to a power outage early Friday in Kinston.
NewsChannel 12 was in touch with police from the Kinston Public Safety Department. They confirmed the wreck was reported at about 2:50 a.m. Friday near Gordon Street.
It was believed the power pole needed to be replaced, according to police.
It was not immediately clear how many customers were without power.
Police tell NewsChannel 12 the unidentified victim was taken to Lenoir Memorial hospital.
We were working to get more facts regarding this crash.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend