An electrical box fire in Greenville Christmas morning caused power outages and even forced some residents to evacuate.
According to officials at the scene, the electrical box fire happened at a home at 904 Masters Ln., near the intersection of Frog Level Road.
Nearby homes lost power as a result, officials said.
Crews were able to put the fire out. But they said they believe the fire later spread underground, affecting at least two homes. Smoke was visible from one of those residences.
In all, the fire did minimal damage, said Lt. Chris Cieszko of Greenville Fire & Rescue.
Officials cut off power to the surrounding homes and evacuated the residents as a precaution. Those residents have since been allowed to return.
No injuries were reported.
"It's Christmas, you know, and this is the last thing you want to see," said neighbor Edward Newton. "Thank God that nobody was hurt and everybody had a chance to get out."
Greenville Utilities is investigating the fire.