CRAVEN COUNTY - An elderly woman has been charged in a wreck that injured her and another driver in Craven County Friday afternoon.
According to the Highway Patrol, 89-year-old Myrle Swicegood, of New Bern, has been charged with failure to yield at an intersection.
The two-vehicle wreck happened just after 3 p.m. Friday on U.S. 70 at East Fisher Avenue, between New Bern and Havelock.
Troopers said Swicegood was driving her white Cadillac east on U.S. 70, but did not yield when she made a turn across westbound lanes. A Dodge van then crashed into the passenger side of Swicegood's car, said investigators.
Troopers said the drivers of both vehicles suffered non life-threatening injuries. Swicegood was taken to Vidant Medical Center, where she was listed in fair condition, and the Dodge driver was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center.
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats
- Updated Gutierrez: 'Women are watching' Donald Trump's Miss Universe issue
- End of an era: BlackBerry will stop making its own phones