GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An East Carolina University student was killed in a vehicle wreck on Labor Day.
The East Carolinian reports that 24-year-old Paul Pao Vang was killed in the wreck on I-40 near Meadow, N.C., Monday morning.
According to The East Carolinian, Vang had just been to the beach and was in a vehicle with his girlfriend's family. That was when the back right tire of their vehicle began to shred, causing the vehicle to swerve.
The vehicle then flipped several times, The East Carolinian reports.
The paper says Vang was a sophomore biology major. He was born in Fresno, Calif.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race