GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An East Carolina University student was killed in a vehicle wreck on Labor Day.
The East Carolinian reports that 24-year-old Paul Pao Vang was killed in the wreck on I-40 near Meadow, N.C., Monday morning.
According to The East Carolinian, Vang had just been to the beach and was in a vehicle with his girlfriend's family. That was when the back right tire of their vehicle began to shred, causing the vehicle to swerve.
The vehicle then flipped several times, The East Carolinian reports.
The paper says Vang was a sophomore biology major. He was born in Fresno, Calif.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft